- Login to the Commons at https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/ using the Login links in the upper right area of the page.
- While on the homepage, navigate to and select the “Sites” tab, which will bring you to the Sites Directory page. Click the “Create a Site” button next to the heading.
- You should now be at the site creation page. First choose a domain name for your site (this will be your unique URL), for example, lib1201 (a course number), then enter a title for your blog. (* The title of your site can always be changed, but you cannot edit your domain name (URL).)
- Adjust “Site Visibility” according to your privacy needs. You can always change this setting later if you want by going the Settings>>Reading in your dashboard.
- Click the Create Site button.
- Congratulations, you have just created a site!
This screencast will also walk you through the process of creating a site on the CUNY Academic Commons.
Posted in: Sites