If you would like to make particular blog post private so that only you or a group of people you select can view them, there are some steps that you will need to take.
To make a particular post private, follow these steps when you are editing your post:
- Navigate to the Publish module on the right side of the page. (The Publish module is used to set who can read your posts.)
- Under the Visibility area you can choose to make your post either:
- “Password protected” or
- “Private” (which means that only blog Editors and Administrators will be able to view your post).
- Select “OK” then “Publish”/”Update”. These changes will go into effect immediately, but can be updated anytime if you choose to change the visibility of your post.
Alternatively, you may choose to make your entire blog private:
Blogs created on the Commons are automatically visible to everyone. To adjust the privacy settings on your individual/group blog please follow these 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Dashboard of your individual or group blog
- Scroll down the left navigation bar and select the ’Settings’ tab
- Select the ‘Reading’ link from the drop down menu:
- Choose one of the 5 options:
- Select ‘Save Changes’ and you’re done!
So whether you want to make one or two posts as private or make your entire blog invite only, it’s completely up to you and how you want to use your blog. If you have any problems, let us know at the Commons help desk – firstname.lastname@example.org